If you are a Grafter looking for work then all you need to do is register with the following to get going:
- Main location: This is your base location, usually your home. This is used alongside Travel Distance to determine the area you are prepared to work in
- Travel Distance (Miles): This is approximately how far you are prepared to travel from your main location for work. It is best to enter the maximum possible distance as you can always decline work if the location is inconvenient
- Type of work: Select all options you are prepared to do in order to maximise your chance of getting work:
- Building & Construction - such as unskilled work on a building or construction site
- Farming & Outdoor - work on farms or outdoors, such as harvesting
- Landscaping & Gardening - garden work and landscaping, both commercial and private
- Logistics and Delivery - any logistics, driving or delivery jobs
- Cleaning - any cleaning work either in the home, office or industrial
- Light industry - support in factories, warehouses etc.
- Catering - catering support, including waiters, porters, washing-up
- Cleaning and Clearance - any cleaning work either in home, office or industrial
- Event Support Staff - work at sporting events, festivals and hospitality
- Catering Support Staff - catering support, including waiting, porters, washing-up
- Domestic Help - help in the home, such as moving furniture or clearing rubbish
- Something else - anything else
- Notes: Add any other work notes such as qualifications or experience. For example, if you are a labourer and CSCS card holder it is worth adding it here
- About Me: Write a short profile to help the potential Clients understand a bit more about you, maybe a bit about your background, why you are looking for work, why you would be a good Grafter
- Available for work (Y/N): This allows you to let us know when you are looking for work or not. So, you can keep your profile on the platform but turn it off when you are busy or not current looking for work
Get Your Profile Right
To get the most opportunities it is recommended that you complete your profile to be as open to work opportunities as you can (travel distance, type of work etc.). This will mean you get discovered by Clients more often (and you can always decline the opportunity later if it is not right for you)
When a Client lists a new project, they will be provided with a list of Grafters in their area who meet their criteria based on the type of work they require and the location. If you are chosen from the list by the Client you will receive notification of the opportunity and asking if you are interested. You can go to your Dashboard to view the opportunity
Agreeing Details with a Client
Following the initial contact until the job is completed you can use the Messaging Service to communicate with the Client to ask any questions and tie down details of the work - where to meet, what to bring etc.
Once you have an opportunity (showing in your Dashboard) you can respond to the Client confirming your interest. If you are not interested you can notify the Client why that is the case - its valuable to let people know why you aren't interested or available as they might select you in the future. It is also useful for the Client to provide feedback, such as the day rate is too low so they have the ability adjust the specification
If you are interested in the work you will go on the Clients ‘short list’ for the project. The Client may then select you for the job (or decline if they no longer need you) and make an offer based on the work details you have already seen
You accept this offer to form the Work Agreement between you and the Client for the project. You should then turn up and complete the work as best as you can to get a good rating which will help you find future work!
Completing the Work
Once the work is complete the Client can use the app to make a payment directly into your bank account. You can also agree interim payments with the Client. They can make several interim payments if the work is ongoing and you agree with the Client to be paid weekly, daily etc.
The Client can also easily re-hire you using the app once they have your details so there may be opportunities for future work with the same Client