If you are a Grafter looking for work then all you need to do is register with and email and password or login with a social media account (Facebook or Google) to get going:
There are then 5 steps to getting work on Gratfer
1. Set-up your profile
You will need to set-up a profile for clients to promote yourself to potential Clients. The following details are required:
1. My Details: This is all your details such as your name, date of birth, and contact details. There’s also an ‘About Me’ section where you can write a short profile to help businesses understand a bit more about you, maybe a bit about your background, why you are looking for work, why you would be a good Grafter
2. Home Location: This is your base location. This is used alongside Travel Distance to determine the area you are prepared to work in
3. Travel Distance (km): This is approximately how far you are prepared to travel from your main location for work. It is best to enter the maximum possible distance as you can always decline work if the location is inconvenient
4. Target Hourly Rate: Set your target rate to provide a guide to businesses using the Grafter service – we don't allow you to set a rate below the National Minimum Wage as we don't believe that's right!
5. Type of work: Select all options you are prepared to do in order to maximise your chance of getting work:
- Building & Construction - such as labouring work on a building site
- Farming & Outdoor - Any outdoor work including farming, forestry
- Landscaping & Gardening- Commercial gardening and landscaping work
- Driving & Delivery - Any driving, delivery and jobs on the road
- Industry & Warehouse - Work in factories, light industry or warehouses
- Leisure & Events - Any work at events, festivals, sports hospitality
You should also state whether you have relevant experience for any of the types of work that you select
6. Voluntary work: Would you consider doing some voluntary work to help your community and build your profile. All you have to do is tick the box
7. Licences and Equipment
If you have any of the following it will help you get work in certain categories:
- CSCS card – the Construction Skills Certification Scheme
- Full Driving licence
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Car or Van
To get the most jobs it is recommended that you complete your profile to be as open to work opportunities as you can (travel distance, type of work etc.). This will mean you get discovered by business more often - you can always decline the opportunity later if it is not right for you
2. Respond Available
When a business lists a new project, they will be provided with a list of Grafters in their area who meet their criteria based on the type of work they require and the location. All Grafters are then asked to confirm their availability.
Once you have an opportunity (showing in your Dashboard) you can respond to the Client confirming your interest. If you are not interested you can notify the Client why that is the case - its valuable to let people know why you aren't interested or available as they might select you in the future. It is also useful for the Client to provide feedback, such as the day rate is too low so they have the ability to change elements
Once you say you are available until the job is completed you can use the Messaging Service to communicate with the Client to ask any questions and tie down details of the work - where to meet, what to bring etc.
3. Agree Job Offer
After you respond 'available', the Client may select you for the job (or decline if they no longer need you) and make an offer based on the work details you have already seen.
You can accept this offer which then forms the 'Work Agreement' between you and the Client for the project. We will sed you an email with all the details of the job and what was agreed so you have them to hand.
You should then turn up and complete the work as best as you can to get a good rating which will help you find future work!
4. Get Paid
Once the work is complete the Client uses the Grafter service to make a payment directly into your bank account. The Client can make several interim payments if the work is ongoing, you should agree this with them at the start of the project.
It is important to use the platform to get paid. The platform has the clients payment and job details which helps to make sure you get paid and paid fairly.
5. Get Reviewed
On completion of the work and after payment using the platform, both Client and Grafter can review each other. This is important to feed back on any clients that treat you unfairly and also helps you to build a profile (hopefully with good reviews) which will help you find more work.
Not Available for work?
If you get a full time job or are unavailable for work then you can specify your status within My Account. This allows you to let us know when you are looking for work or not. So, you can keep your profile on the Platform but turn it off when you are busy or not current looking for work