The Grafter service has two types of users:
- Clients - businesses or people who have short term workforce requirements
- Grafters - people who are available for work
The service is available online at www.grafternow.com
If you are using a mobile phone, Grafter is built as a 'web app' so works like a phone app within your browser. It works on any device which has a browser and internet connection.
To use the Grafter Platform as a client all you need is a valid payment card and a job that needs doing! For more information on finding workers with Grafter see Hiring People with Grafter
So long as you are over 18 and are entitled to work in the UK you can register with the Platform to find work. However, you will need a UK bank account to receive payment
All grafters must be independent contractors and can be hired directly for the work.
The full payment for each job goes directly from the employer to the grafter with a separate payment for to GrafterNow Ltd, paid by the employer to cover the costs of running the service.
Remember, is your responsibility to comply with relevant legislation which includes but is not limited to:
- Holding the necessary residency or work permit requirements (the employer may check these before the work starts).
- For some jobs you might require certain licences or certification such as a driving licence, CSCS card or specific qualification.
- You are also responsible for managing your own tax affairs related to any payments from employers.
For more information on using Grafter to find work see Finding Work with Grafter
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our support team at Grafter Support