There are only 5 steps to finding and hiring people on Grafter
1. View Local Grafter's
If you have some work that needs doing, finding the right Grafter is easy. Start by entering the work category and the location of the job and the Platform will list all Grafters in the area.
The following details are required to perform a search to see the list of local Grafters prepared to do the work you need doing:
1. Type of Work: Grafter provides the following work categories you can use in your search.
- Building & Construction - such as labouring work on a building site
- Farming & Outdoor - Any outdoor work including farming, forestry etc
- Landscaping & Gardening- Commercial gardening and landscaping work
- Driving & Delivery - Any driving, delivery and jobs on the road
- Industry & Warehouse - Work in factories, light industry or warehouses
- Leisure & Events - Any work at events, festivals, sports hospitality etc
2. Main Location: This is the postcode for the location of the work. If the work is mobile its where the Grafter needs to be to start and finish the work
Once you have a list of local Grafters you can proceed with an 'availability check' to see who is available for your job. The following details will be sent to a Grafter to ask if they are available for your job:
2. Check Thier Availability
To see who from the Grafter in the area is available and up for your job, the platform will send them a request which they reply to. This requires the following information:
1. Job Name: This is your name for the project or piece of work. It is only used to help you and the Grafter identify the project so try to make it relevant and interesting
2. Job Description: Any additional information about the job that will help you find the right Grafter such as where to meet or any clothing requirements. It is important to describe the job properly so the Grafters know what to expect and whether is is right for them.
3. Start Date: The anticipated start date for the work, you can enter either a specific date or a flexible work date. With a flexible date you can use Grafter's chat functionality to agree timings with the Grafter.
4. Estimated Duration: The expected time that the Grafter is required for the project. It is ok to estimate this as you can adjust the duration and amount payable to the Grafter after the work is complete. The Platform refers to a working day as 7 working hours, excluding breaks but it’s between you and the Grafter to agree the specific working hours
5. Proposed Hourly Rate: How much you are offering to the Grafters to complete the work remember the higher this is the more chance of finding a Grafter to do the work. If your preferred Grafter wants to do the job but the rate is too low they have the ability to let you know via the automated Grafter service. Please note that you will also be charged a Platform fee of 5% plus VAT of the hourly rate that is paid to GrafterNow Ltd
3. Review Grafters
As Grafters reply to say they are available they will get added to the project in your dashboard. You can review the Grafter's profile and chat to them using the in-built chat service. Then you can decide to offer them the job or not.
You can stop the search at any time by clicking 'STOP REQUEST' and no more Grafters will be requested for the project. Remember you can let the search continue and engage multiple Grafters on a project with a single search.
4. Offer Job to Grafter(s)
When you offer the job to a Grafter, the details of the project you entered are wrapped into a standard Work Agreement. By offering the work to the Grafter you are committing to the details of the Agreement.
The Grafter also receives the Work Offer to accept or decline. If they accept this now forms the agreement between you and the Grafter and the work can be undertaken safe in the knowledge that both sides have agreed to the terms.
Before being able to make an offer you will be required to enter your payment debit or credit card that will be stored securely by our payments partner, Stripe
5. Pay the Grafter(s)
Interim and Final Payments
Once the work is complete, or as an interim payment (see below) you enter the hours worked by the Grafter and then authorise the payment. Payment for the Grafter will be taken from your payment card and paid into into their bank. Unfortunately because of money laundering procedures and bank processing times it can take up to 7 days between the payment being taken from your card and clearing in the Grafter's account.
When you pay the Grafter you are also charged a commission (currently 5% plus VAT / 6%) for platform costs which is paid separately to GrafterNow.
If you want a Grafter to work additional days or hours, you have agreed to an hourly rate so, if the Grafter is willing, they can continue to work. When paying them you will simply need to revise the Duration of Work on the payment section to reflect the actual hours worked.
You can also re-hire Grafters for another project later straight from your Dashboard. Go to the 'History' button in your dashboard, find the closed project and click on the re-hire button.
Fair Platform Use